Scrap a Car with Redcorn
Redcorn offers an easy process
- Enter your vehicle registration and postcode. You will receive an instant quote.
- If you are happy with the quote, click proceed and complete the form.
- We call you to arrange payment and a convenient time to collect your car.
Frequently Asked Questions
Established in 1992, Redcorn is currently London’s largest Scrap Car, ELV and nuisance vehicle contractor. We also cover other areas like Benfleet, Southend on Sea, Basildon, Canvey Island and Rochford. We pay the best price for your Scrap Car.
No it doesn’t. We scrap any car, we buy any car. It doesn’t matter if your car is a write off!
Yes that’s no problem, bring it to our yard in Brantwood Road together with your paperwork and ID
Mon – Fri. 8am – 5pm
Sat. – 8am – 3pm
Accepted forms of photo ID
- Valid UK passport
- Valid passport issued by an European Economic Area state
- Valid UK biometric immigration document.
Accepted proof of address (which must not be older than 3 months)
- Credit or debit card statement
- Bank or building society statement
- Council tax statement or demand letter
- Utility bill (e.g. gas, electricity, water), but not a mobile phone bill.
After you complete the scrap car form we contact you and arrange a suitable time for collection. We will call you on the day of collection to let you know our driver is on the way.
When we call to arrange collection we let you know our payment terms. We pay you by bank transfer or cheque. The payment normally takes from 2 to 24hrs. If your vehicle is collected Friday afternoon, the payment may not arrive in your account until Monday morning. We scrap hundreds of cars so please allow us 24hrs to make bank transfers.
Unfortunately the law does not allow us to pay cash for scrap.
On some occasions your payment may not be credited until Monday morning.
Your car is recycled.
If your car is still in a roadworthy condition, we may try and find a buyer for it. If the car is unsuitable to be reused, we remove any car parts and sell those on. We then recycle the rest of the car in our authorised treatment facility and turn it into scrap metal.
You must tell us if you are scrapping the vehicle as part of a Scrappage Scheme.